Our practice hosts the following services and clinics:
Well Man/Woman Clinic
- Additional InformationWe do not offer these clinics. However, if you have ANY query over an aspect of your health, the doctors and nurses at Wingerworth surgery and its branch will be more than happy to see you.
- Additional Information(Heart Disease, Asthma and COPD, Diabetes and Stroke)
All patients will be called for an annual review of their condition and medications.
- Additional InformationWe offer comprehensive family planning services including coil fitting and advice on vasectomies for men.
- Additional InformationThis screening service is offered by both Dr (Mrs) Chawla and the practice nurse. You will normally be contacted by Derby that your smear is due. However, if you feel your smear is overdue, please contact the surgery. We normally ask our patients to be mid-cycle to perform their smear.
- Additional InformationA wide range of minor surgery procedures is carried out at Wingerworth surgery, including removal of lesions and joint injections. You will need to see a doctor prior to arranging a minor surgery appointment.
- Additional InformationThe seasonal flu vaccination campaign starts in October of every year. We encourage those over 65 years of age and those with long term conditions to be immunised. Appointments can be made through the receptionist.
- Additional InformationFor those patients who take warfarin and require regular monitoring of their INR, we run a clinic on Monday afternoon and Thursday morning. It is essential you inform us that you take this medication.
- Additional InformationWingerworth surgery is an appointed yellow fever vaccination centre. You do not have to be registered with this surgery to receive the injection from us. If you require this vaccination for your travel abroad, please contact us.
- Additional InformationWe offer travel vaccinations, however, some may need to be obtained privately at a cost to you. We will still administer these to you. We also offer travel advice to all our patients who request it.
Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Additional InformationThe 24 hours blood pressure monitoring is a new service we offer that aims to diagnose high blood pressure without you having to visit the hospital for tests. If you would like to discuss this please make an appointment for the nurse or a doctor.
The practice team work in Wingerworth and the branch surgery to offer you a wide range of general medical services. We aim to offer you the highest standards of healthcare appropriately and effectively:
To attend one of these clinics please ring our reception on 01246 275228.